eyepress - Personal Portfolio WordPress Theme
- created: 20/10/2018
- latest update: 20/10/2018
- by: wptheme space
- themeforest.net/user/wptheme space/portfolio
Thank you for purchasing my theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to contact us via wptheme space Support forum. Thanks so much!
Requirement for eyepress
The Theme can only be used with WordPress and we assume that you already have WordPress installed. If not, you may find this link useful: her
- You are running WordPress 4.8 or higher
- Your PHP version should be 5.6 or higher
- PHP configuration limits: max_execution_time 300
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Unpacking the theme
After you have downloaded the .zip file from ThemeForest and unzipped it, the following folders will be revealed:
- Theme package
The package folder includes parent and child themes:
After downloading a Theme installation files from ThemeForest, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the eyepress.zip and eyepress-child-theme files. You can then install your theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- FTP upload:
- If you would like to install the theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the wp.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named eyepress.zip
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted theme wp folder to the themes directory on your remote server
- WordPress upload:
- For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select theme eyepress.zip
- Click on Install Now
- After successful installation click on Activate or proceed to Appearance > Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- After the theme's activation you will be prompted to install requer plugins.
- You may see this video for more details Theme install video
In order to make the theme look exactly the same as on demo page you will need to install the recommended plugins. Click on Begin installing plugins link:
You will be redirected to plugins installation page. Check all listed plugins, select Install option and click on Apply button. Installation may take a few minutes:
The success message appears after plugins successful installation.
Now active all plugin.
Importing Demo ContentAfter activating the theme, there'll be required plugin listed at the top ( if there aren't, you can go to 'Appearance > Install Plugins' section as well ).
Try installing and activating these following plugins ( as it effects the importing process ). You can also install all required plugins at this step as well.
- eyepress Toolkit
- Page Builder: KingComposer
- Contact Form 7
- One click demo import
Setting up menu
Go to 'appearance > menus' to set menus for home page and blog.
Updating the themeThere're no auto update function in our theme, so you have to manually install it again. Try following this steps for this.
- Download the zip file from themeforest again
- Install it to different folder ( or just simply uploading via wordpress dashboard without removing the old one)
- Activating new theme version
- Set the menu to themes location at the 'Appearance > Menu' section.
- Save the theme option once
- Make sure everything is working properly and you can remove the old theme files out
To use child themeIf you don't want to modify the theme files everytime you update the theme, you have to use the child theme to modify the code for this. You can easily use child theme without any changes. Only upload child theme and active the child theme.
Our theme wrap every function with if( !function_exists('some_function') ) command, so if you want to use any function, just declare it in the function.php file of the child theme and it'll overwrite the existing one.
Changing Logo and add site icon
Click customize to get eyepress all options
Then click site identity to change logo and site icon.
Now You can upload your logo and site icon by this option. eyepress theme Suggested image dimensions: 160 by 50 pixels. You can also crop logo image to fit your site.
Header image and slider
upload header imageYou can set header image as your choice. By default Meart theme has one header image. Go customize -> header image -> add new image and upload your header image. Header image size shoult be 1900px width and 950px height. Header image only show Home page and front page.
You can also show hide header image by this checkbox.
Edit header image textYou can edit header image text by customize header image section. Go customize and click pen icon of header text then you will get all text editing field easily.
Change slider or banner view.You can set slider two different view one is standard view and other is poly view.
Create header slider.You can create header slider by uploading multiple images in header section. Go bottom of header image section on customize and then select header slider under header image type option. Now you will get more two image uploading field for create header slider. You may upload one or two image for create slider. Image size should be same as first image 1900px*950px.
eyepress side menu profileYou can edit side menu porfile image, text and social link by side menu profile settings under customize. Go customize then open side menu and click pen icon in side menu, now you will get all edit options for side menu.
All options for side menu profile1. Side menu visibility
You can set side menu visibility by this option. You can only show the menu only home page or set for all page and if don't want to show the menu then you can side the menu.2. Profile image
Upload your profile image by this upload field. Your upload image size should be 240px width and 300px height.3. Name
Enter your name with live editing exprience.4. Title
Enter your designation or your tagline.5. Phone number
You may add your contact number by this field6. Other contact info
You may add other contact information by these fields6. Social links
You can add your social profile links by these filed. If you don't want to set all five social links the only leave blank.
General SettingsGo to 'customize > General setting' to get two imprtant settings.
1. Theme container
2. Page layout
3. Site preloader
1. Theme container
eyepress theme supported two different container style.
There are full width and standard container. You can choose your favorite container by this option. Default set fullwidth container. The container work for all site but page not work this setting.
2. page layout
You can set page container type by this setting. you can set full width container or standard container page by this setting.
Blog SettingsYou can change WordPress blog settings and some page settings by this settings section.
1. Blog and other pages header style
You can set blog and page header three different style. There are 1. Fixed with sticky 2. only fixd and 3. scroll header.
2. Blog home title and description
You can show or hide blog home title and description by this settings. if you set show then you will get to more options 1.Blog home title and 2.Blog home description. Now you can add your won text by these fields.
3. Blog style
You can set two different blog style. There are 1. Grid view and 2.Normal view.
4. Grid type
You can set grid type There are 1. Fixed height and 2.Mesonry.
5. Post sidebar position
You can set blog, archive sidebar position by this option. you can set right or left sidebar or you can set fullwidth without sidebar.
6. Page sidebar position
You can all default sidebar position by this option. you can set right or left sidebar or you can set fullwidth without sidebar. Custom template won't be effected by this option.
4. Display post date
You can hide or show blog meta post date. By click the checkbox. The setting only for single blog and standard blog view.
5. Display post author
You can hide or show blog author name. By click the checkbox.
6. Display post category
You can hide or show blog post category. By click the checkbox. The setting only for single blog and standard blog view.
7. Display post tag
You can hide or show blog post tag. Post tag only show single post.
8. Display social share icons
You can show or hide social share icon bottom of post. Default share icon show.
8. Display related post in single post
You can show or hide related post section by this option.
404 Error page settingsYou can edit text of 404 error page by this customize section.
1. 404 page heading
You can edit or hide title by keep empty text.
2. 404 page description
You can edit or hide description by keep empty text.
3. Display 404 page search field?
Show hide search field by this checkbox.
4. Use custom image for 404 page
If you want to change 404 page default image then active the option and then you will get new image upload option.
How to Update ThemeTo update the theme, You need to login to your Themeforest profile page, click on 'download' tab, then download the theme again. After that,
- After you downloaded file from Themeforest. Do not upload it yet. Extract it!
- You will find 3-4 folders and some files inside. You'll see the file called 'eyepress.zip'
- Upload this file through wp backend and activate the theme.
- After that go to 'appearance > menu' and assign menu location again then go to admin panel and click 'save changes'.
- Go to 'Appearance > Plugins', active eyepress-toolkit again.
Please also read 'Updating eyepress toolkit Plugin' and 'Updating other' if it get updated.
How to update eyepress-toolkit Plugins
- Go to 'Appearance > plugin', deactivate eyepress-toolkit plugins and delete them. :
- After you delete them, you'll see this message :
Click on 'Begins installing plugins'
- Install them and don't forget to activate too! :
Snippet CodeContact form 7 shortcode : place this shortcode in content form item.